Alzheimer’s dementia effects over 5.8 million people and is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.*
Every 65 seconds someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s dementia.**
Alzheimers and other forms of Dementia require increased levels of care as the conditions progress and increasingly make independence at home challenging. To maintain the highest level of independence possible at home, consider how our “evidence based” Alzheimers and Dementia Care Program, created and managed by Registered Nurses, can help safely achieve the highest level of independence and quality of life possible.
Here is how Inspired Care Services’ Alzheimer’s and Dementia care is successful:
- Caregiver training about our client’s care needs before going home
- Specialized certifications and education in Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Specialized stroke care at home
- Free nurse supervision every 2 weeks
Step 1: Needs & Home Assessments
Inspired Care Services provides a complimentary personalized needs assessment and home inspection to ensure safety and to maximize your independence at home.
Home assessment includes:
- Personal and Homemaking Care
- Nurses assess personal care needs and develop strategies utilizing private duty care to preserve and maintain the highest level of independence performing personal care tasks, such as bathing, dressing and bathroom needs, as well as, assistance with homemaking, meals and companionship.
- Nurses assess the knowledge and skill level of Mobility and activity to develop strategies utilizing private duty care to assist in the maintaining the highest level of safe and independence in mobility and activities at home and in the community.
- Nurses assess the home environment for safety risks, such as trip hazards and furniture arrangement, and then develop strategies utilizing private duty care to decrease the risks for falls/ injuries while promoting independence.
Step 2: Caregiver Training
A caregiver is carefully chosen based on an assessment of your unique needs. Inspired Care Services schedules caregiver training session with the client, all therapist and nursing staff to ensures consistency in care once home.
Our caregiver receive training in your specific care needs including; providing encouragement/ assistance with prescribed therapy exercises, best methods for transfers and assistance with mobility specific to you, as well as, daily living activities based on your needs. Our staff learns your needs before care starts.
Step 3: RN Supervision of Progress
Once home, a formalized Plan of Care is developed and monitored by Nurses, who visit every 2 weeks. This helps track progress to meet your goals and ensure we are the best services as promised!
Our Nurses provide on-going communication between our private duty services and those of the skilled home care agency managing the physician prescribed therapies at home covered by Medicare or your Insurance. This coordination of services helps to ensure success with your goals.
*Mathew s, Xu, Gaglecti, Holt, Croft, Mack, McGuire, 2018
**Alzheimer’s Association, 2019