Every 40 seconds, someone in our country has a stroke. Approximately 610,000 strokes occur each year and is the fifth leading cause of death in the United States.*
Strokes are the leading cause of serious long term disability and can reduce mobility in more than half of all survivors over 65 years old.**
The hard work and progress made during rehabilitation after a stroke doesn’t need to lessen once discharged home. Instead, consider how our “evidence based” Stroke Care Program, created and managed by Registered Nurses, can help you safely stay-on-coarse with your prescribed rehabilitation plan and allow you to regain your level of independence desired.
Here is how Inspired Care Services can help make a stroke story into a recovery story of success:
- Caregiver training before going home
- Specialized stroke care at home
- On-going communications with the agency managing the rehabilitation at home
- Free nurse supervision every 2 weeks
Step 1: Needs & Home Assessments
Inspired Care Services provides a complimentary personalized needs assessment and home inspection to ensure safety and to maximize your independence at home.
Home assessment includes:
- Personal Care
- Nurses assess personal care needs and develop strategies utilizing private duty care to allow for the increase in independence performing personal care tasks, such as bathing, dressing and bathroom needs.
- Nurses assess the knowledge and skill level of Mobility and in the use of assistive devices for mobility, included arm/leg/neck braces, transfer and lift devices, transfer techniques, canes, wheelchairs, walkers. Strategies are developed utilizing private duty care to assist in the increased independence in mobility.
- Nurses assess the home environment for safety risks, such as trip hazards and furniture arrangement, and then develop strategies utilizing private duty care to decrease the risks for falls/ injuries while following the prescribed rehabilitation plan at home.
Step 2: Caregiver Training
A caregiver is carefully chosen based on an assessment of your unique needs. Inspired Care Services schedules caregiver training session with the client, all therapist and nursing staff to ensures consistency in care once home.
Our caregiver receive training in your specific care needs including; providing encouragement/ assistance with prescribed therapy exercises, best methods for transfers and assistance with mobility specific to you, as well as, daily living activities based on your needs. Our staff learns your needs before care starts.
Step 3: RN Supervision of Progress
Once home, a formalized Plan of Care is developed and monitored by Nurses, who visit every 2 weeks. This helps track progress to meet your goals and ensure we are the best services as promised!
Our Nurses provide on-going communication between our private duty services and those of the skilled home care agency managing the physician prescribed therapies at home covered by Medicare or your Insurance. This coordination of services helps to ensure success with your goals.
*Mozzafarian, Benjamin, Arnett, Blaha, Cushman, 2016
**Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2013.